Am using the macbook air running OS10.9.3
Having problems with connecting device to bluetooth
Like to other users in the forum, did reset, changed the switch and reboot.
After Mac indicates that device is connected, the receiver continues to blink and does not connect.
Please advise ASAP.
I am sorry to hear that you are having problems connecting your Equil SMARTPEN.
Please confirm that you are following the troubleshooting steps below especially Steps 2, 5 and 8:
1) Flip over the magnetic cover on the bottom of your receiver.
2) Make sure you delete the existing Equil SMARTPEN connection under the Bluetooth settings.
3) Restart both your computer and reset the equil SMARTPEN by pressing the Reset button at the bottom right corner of your receiver.
4) Make sure “iOS<→ Others” switch at the bottom of receiver is selected according to Others.
5) Hold down the power button on your receiver for at least five seconds or until Bluetooth LED starts to blink rapidly. Note that the blue light blinks slowly immediately upon powering up so you will not want to confuse this with the rapid blinking blue light of pairing mode.
6) Run the Equil Note App on your Mac. Please be sure to install the current update.
7) Click on the Bluetooth icon which would stop the Bluetooth LED on your receiver from blinking.
8) Once your Equil SMARTPEN is connected to your Mac, follow the steps below:
i) Press the Bluetooth icon on the menubar in your Equil Note App.
ii) Select Equil SMARTPEN as your Bluetooth device in the pop-up screen.
iii) Press “Yes” and your Equil SMARTPEN is paired with your Mac device.
9) Your Bluetooth icon on the menu bar in your Equil Note App will be checked blue.
Please do contact our Support team at directly firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues with the Bluetooth pairing process or if you have any additional questions.