I would like to use this on my work windows based laptop but im unsure how to sync the bluetooth on my laptop and my smartpen. In addition, where can I download the software to utilize this on my mac Maverick osx. I bought this thru a third party and did not receive any software just the hardware.
Thank you for your inquiry.
We do have a version of the Equil Note software that supports Windows. Please click on the link below to download the appropriate software for your Windows OS.
The Equil Note App for Mac OSX can be downloaded from the Mac App Store.
Please follow the steps below to connect your equil SMARTPEN to your device:
1) Flip over the magnetic cover on the bottom of your receiver.
2) Restart both your computer and reset the equil SMARTPEN by pressing the Reset button at the bottom right corner of your receiver.
3) Make sure “iOS<→ Others” switch at the bottom of receiver is selected according to Others.
4) Hold down the power button on your receiver for a few seconds until Bluetooth LED starts to blink rapidly.
5) Run the Equil Note App on your Mac or Windows OS. Please note that your computer must have built-in Bluetooth or a Bluetooth adapter.
6) Click on the Bluetooth icon which would stop the Bluetooth LED on your receiver from blinking.
7) Once your Equil SMARTPEN is connected to your Mac or Windows OS, follow the steps below:
i) Press the Bluetooth icon on the menubar in your Equil Note App.
ii) Select Equil SMARTPEN as your Bluetooth device in the pop-up screen.
iii) Press “Yes” and your Equil SMARTPEN is paired with your device.
8) Your Bluetooth icon on the menubar in your Equil Note App will be checked blue.
Please note that you will want to make sure to go through Bluetooth pairing process each time you switch the devices you are using with equil SMARTPEN.
Please do contact our Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any difficulties downloading or installing the software, any issues with the pairing process or if you have any additional questions.