I have followed your instructions very carefully and still cannot connect. I get a "the pen is disconnected. Either the receiver is switched off or it cannot connect via bluetooth. Recheck your connection. Or try unpairing the receiver and then pair it with your device again" error. I have performed these actions and it still wont pair. the only thing that isn't happening, is my PC is not offering me a pairing code - its just goes straight through and pairs.
I have got it to work on my Laptop however.
I would recommend removing the Equil Smartpen 2 (if present) from the Bluetooth devices. Reboot the computer and turn off the Equil Smartpen 2 receiver. Turn the Equil Smartpen 2 receiver back on and press the reset button on the bottom of the receiver under the magnetic flap.
Now you will need to pair the receiver with your computer via Bluetooth.
1. To turn on the Smartpen receiver’s pairing mode, press and hold the power button until you see a blinking blue light.
2. In your computer, click on Control Panel → Hardware and Sound → Add a Device. This will search for the Bluetooth devices and should display either “Equil-xxx-xxxxxx” or “Equilx-xxxxxx” depending on your Smartpen model.
3. Select the Smartpen device.
4. Depending on the software version of your computer’s Bluetooth transmitter, you may be asked for a device pairing code. Enter “0000”
5. Your Smartpen device will be connected and added to the computer. Every time your device is turned on, it will connect to your computer automatically.
Now you want the Smartpen connected to Equil NOTE.
1. Click on the Bluetooth icon to start the Smartpen connection.
2. A pen with the word connected should show in the center of your screen once a connection is established.
3. The Bluetooth icon will display as connected.
4. The toggle button (Mouse/Draw) will also show, indicating that the pen can used as either a pen or mouse.
Please do email us at Support@MyEquil.com if you still are not able to connect.